Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

tying 2 Groupwise accounts to one user

Status
Not open for further replies.

cderow

Technical User
Jul 13, 2001
US
The place that I work for wants to set up a question and answer survey. They also want to setup an email account under another name, but want to link this email account back to another user so they will get mail addressed to the new account. I am not sure how I would do this. I know I would have to first create the new account in Console one or NWAdmin. After that, I'm not sure. We run Novell 5.1 with Groupwise 6. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You could create a groupwise resource and make the person the owner so they could proxy into it or take ownership and give the user rights through proxy.

You could also simply add the second address as a nickname in groupwise. Just us the Nwadmin program to edit the user. Click on the "GroupWise Nicknames" button. Just add the name you want to use i.e. survey or info.

For the sake of administration and sanity, "oh2binvt" is correct! Since this is one User and two GroupWise accounts, its best to grant access via Proxy rights! That way, the User can actually have access to both of the Mailboxs simultaniously!

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back