Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TWS JSS and Connector dependecies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rblue

Technical User
Jul 20, 2000
US
I have installed TWS 8.1 on an AIX host as a Domain Master. I installed the Job Scheduling service and connector on my TMR server.

After the connector install I attempted to run the wmaeutil command. The binary doesn't exist on the TMR server. Check the Domain Master and the binary is there, but the supporting libraries are not there.

Do I need to install a FTA on the TMR server to get it working? There's no mention of installing it as a prerequisite to the JSS and connector.

Thanks,
Robert

Does anbody have an answer to this question ? I have run into exactly the same problem and could really use the help.

Thanks.

Here's the skinny:

The Domain Master MUST be on a Managed Node. Don't look in the manual, it won't tell you that. It took me two PMRs to Tivoli to find out.

You MUST install TWS on any machine that will host the JSS and connector.

Tivoli recommends putting it all on one host. It seems to be happier that way. Be careful, the Java in the Job Scheduling Console sucks up lots of CPU. If this is a concern, install the Windows JSC on a Windows box you might be using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back