Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TWS firing a VBS script (.vbs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

poolban

Programmer
Aug 12, 2000
SG
Hi all,

Need your urgent help. In one of my client site, one wintel server is running a VBS script as a scheduled job thru windows scheduler. We are moving this job to TWS without any change in the script or any change in user profile that runs the job. We are using TWS V8.5 and FTA is already up and running on this client machine.

What is happening once the VBS job is fired thru TWS is that the job starts (as we see in job log) and stays in ‘executing’ mode till it is manually killed. It also does another damage – it kills some processes (as identified by the Sys-admin of the client machine) – needing to reboot the server. The same job works fine everyday in windows scheduler it takes around 11-12 minutes to finish. But in TWS, it becomes a never-ending job.

As I said in the beginning, I need your help. Please ask me what you need to know for the environment so that you can give me a solution for this problem, this is becoming more as more urgent as we don’t have any clue, tried all we know.

Hope to hear you very soon,

Million of thanks in advance,
Cheers,
Poolak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back