Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two Subreports in same section - need to Avoid overlapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

sds786

Programmer
Aug 15, 2007
US
Hello,
I have Crystal 11.5 and working on Oracle 10 database.
I have three subreports in my report i.e. A, B and C. A contains Employee education info, B contains Employee previous work experience and C contains related supervisor comments. I have placed these three subreports in two vertical directions (columns), in first column I placed A and below that B, and in next column I placed C.
If I place these three subreports in same section then the info from subreport A overlap because it has variable information, but If create a new section for Subreport B then it goes on the next page and there is lot of spaces (blank rows) between A and B as subreport C mostly has lots of info and it’s height is more than A.

My question is – how can I place my two subreports in the same section vertically, and subreport A should not overlap subreport B?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

You would be better off asking this question in one of the Business Objects: Crystal forums.

However..... Try this:

1. Create 3 sections.
2. Put Subreport C in its column the first section. In the section expert, turn on "Underlay Following".
3. Put Subreport A in its column in the second section.
4. Put Subreport B under Subreport A in the third section.

Since subreport C is in its own column, it should underlay the sections for the two other subreports without overlapping them.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back