Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two Sided Priniting Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikecs

MIS
Sep 17, 2004
GB
I am new to Macs, but have just bought a Macbook. I have installed drivers for HP 7160 and checked the boxes for two sided priniting. This is being ignored, so I am using a lot of paper. Can anyone help keep me green, please?

First - Was the printer tuned on and connected to the computer when the driver was installed? It should have been.

Second - Did you select two sided printing from the drop down menu in the print dialogue box and then click on the Print button and experience the problem or did you just click on Print in subsequent docs after checking Ptint Two Sides? If you id the second you will not get two sides. You have to check print two sides and then select Save As from the Presets drop down in the print dialogue. Name the new presets something like Two sides and use that if you don't want to have to constantly select the two side options.

Third - Did you download the printer driver or did you use one that came on a cd with the printer? If you did the latter, it might not be compatible with osx 10.5. Go to the HP site and download the newest driver.

Using OSX 10.3.9 & 10.4.11 on a G4, G5 & Intel Macbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back