Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two Servers one network two gateways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alweb99

Programmer
Sep 9, 2002
GB
Hi there

I have an existing network with a leased line connection, for incoming and outgoing traffic. Internal services are Exchange 2003 on 192.168.0.2, IIS needing an SSL connection on 192.168.1.10.

We have a Checkpoint firewall, VPN etc server that routes traffic from the leased line to Exchange and IIS boxes depending on protocol.

I now want to enable an HTTPS connection to our Exchange server (192.168.0.2)for Outlook mobile access, but the Checkpoint firewall already routes HTTPS traffic to 192.168.1.10. We also have an ADSL connection into the building that I would like to setup Outlook mobile access.

Have set the ADSL router on the adsl line to forward HTTPS to 192.168.0.2, however, traffic back from this server is using the router on the leased line as its gateway and I never get a response via the adsl line.

Question is, can I add a 2nd network card to the exchange server with its gateway pointing to the ADSL router and the existing NIC pointing to the leased line and keep everything else running (I'm obviously worried that SMTP connections in may be affected if I get something wrong)

Hope this makes some sense, I thought the Windows server forums was the best place to post as its not jsut an exchange issue.

Best regards

Al

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back