Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two servers connected to external hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

ervsplace

Technical User
Aug 23, 2001
US
We have a strange request and I am unsure where to go with this. We have two server physically located in the same rack. The servers cannot be connected on the network or directly (govt thing). I would like to take an external hard drive and set between them. One of the servers is a production server which will copy SQL backups to the external hard drive while the backup server will restore the backup from the external hard drive to it SQL database.
Does anyone have any ideas of configuration we could use to achieve this?

Erv

Oops... I just gave you the Links to the Products... other than that I am at a loss, considering that you are not allowed to PHYICALLY connect them, which would leave you to switch it between the two servers at a given Time...

or Automate it by using Wireless, where one server caps the connection at a given time and the other connects a few minutes later to it...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back