Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two seemingly easy Housekeeping questions in Server 08

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrB0b

IS-IT--Management
May 19, 2011
US
In my Best Practices Analyzer under DHCP, Im getting two things that need to be resolved.

"The dhcp server does not have the default gateway option option 3 set for the following scopes (x.x.x.x)Active"
I tried this: to find out I already have 003 checked with an IP of our router but no name. The DHCP is handled obviously by our DHCP server at x.x.x.20 with our router at x.x.x.253. Physical setup goes modem-router-main server-internal network. What am I missing from this procedure or is there another way to tackle this error?

"Credentials for dns update should be configured if secure dynamic DNS is enabled and the Domain Controller is on the same host as the DHCP server"
Looked at this: What log in info should I use? Assuming the Administrator account used for most tasks.

Any thoughts or help with these would be appreciated. Having some random IP conflicts and just wanting to tie up any possible loose ends. Thanks.

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

If you clear the event logs, do these keep appearing?

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

Yup, unfortunately.

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back