Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two Reports in the same Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepmarti

Programmer
Apr 2, 2001
ES
I want to create a report that simulates three copies in oneself A4. I have created it using 3 subreports and linking with the table that has the detail information.
The problem is that the subreport has a high one fixed and if the details overcome the high, i don't know to make the rest of detail continue in the next A4 page.

Hi,

first of all: Which version of CR are you using and where do you get the data from?

Next: Do you really want 3 identically copies of the same report or did you make modifications to the subreport (e.g. other sort criteria)?

If you continue with your 3-subreport-solutioan you should try the following:
Place each subreport in it's own detail section.
Now you have the possibility to mark or unmark the "keep together" option of the subreport and/or the section. In the subreport you can also mark or unmark the "keep together" option for each section.
Perhaps you should mark "New page before" for the detail section with the first subreport, so that every set of three will start on a new page. This can be interesting if the set is repeated a number of times.

HTH
Barbara

Barbara Fuhrmann (Cologne, Germany) - Using Windows 2000/XP, Oracle 9i and Crystal Reports X

My crystal version is 9.0 or 11.0

Yes i Want 3 identically copies.
I have 3 group header and in each group header one subreport.

sorry for my english

What do you mean with "a high one fixed"? Perhaps I will understand your problem better if I can follow that.

If you want to have three identical version of the same contents the alternative solution is to create a view on the database that returns your data three times, for instance with an additional information 1,2,3 that shows you the iteration.
You add an additional group on the iteration and place the subreport in there. This is more comfortable if you have to make changes on the subreport because you do not have to make them several times.

If you want to go on with your 3-subreport-way:
It does not make a difference if the subreports are placed in a detail section or a group header. You can try what I posted before.

Barbara

Barbara Fuhrmann (Cologne, Germany) - Using Windows 2000/XP, Oracle 9i and Crystal Reports X

I can't to create a diferent table view.

Thanks for your time.

pepmarti,

I don't think the problem is really clear. If a subreport is in a group section and runs more than one page, then it would automatically continue on the next page. Then the other two subreports, which I'm assuming are of the same information, would also continue onto two pages. You would just format each group section to "new page after".

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back