Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two Related Tables - Quer to return data when one table does not have a related record

Status
Not open for further replies.

puforee

Technical User
Oct 6, 2006
US
In my Data base we check Classes that may have issues. I have a classes table and an issues table. I want to be able to show classes, on a form/report, that did not have issues. I also have a query that updates a "Complete" field in the classes table based on the how long the class has been complete. So, let's say a class has been complete for 30 days and no issues have been found. The query sets the "Complete" Field to completed (check box). This removes the class from being able to be selected to start an issue.

But like many things, sometimes we change our minds and need to add an issue to one of these. So, I want to be able to select a class that is complete but has no issues. I can't figure out how to do this in a query with the Class Table and the Issues Table connected. Or, is there another way? Should I shift to VBA to check the two tables?

Thanks

I must have been day dreaming. Find Unmatched Query. Duh. Sorry about this. I have used it before I just forgot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back