Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TWO RECORDS ON ONE FORM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITC

Programmer
Mar 14, 2001
US
I would like to create a form that can pull up two records at the same time (but only two). The purpose of this would be for a fax cover sheet. The information for the recipient must be a different record than the information for the sender. I would like to keep this on a form so that if a recipients information is not in the related table, my users will be able to enter their information. (I am trying to keep this extremely user friendly.) I have been successful at creating parameters to pull only desired records, but it creates a list of the two records giving me duplicate labels.
Does anyone know if this is possible, and can you give me some helpful advise. Thank you in advance.
ITC

If I understand you correctly, you can use a form that has two sub forms. One subform would be based on the table of senders and one on the table of recipients.

Is that what you want to do? Kathryn

Kathryn,
Thank you for pointing out the obvious. I had tried a form with a subform, but it required that they be linked to one another. I guess I hadn't thought of two subforms on one blank form. This will work for me. Thank you very much.
ITC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back