Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

alsnafe911

IS-IT--Management
Jun 9, 2002
QA
Hi Guys
1- Is the Networker 6.2 Laptop is the update version of 6.1.3? what got me confused is that they have added Laptop on this version!!!

2- Can i recover Exchange IS to another Exchange server which resides on a diferent Active directory than the original Exchange server, bytheway i was able to connect to the backup and Exchange servers from the New exchange server but couldn't do a directed recovery????

Hi alsnafe911,
What I figure out is that the new server should have the same hardware and software configuration as old one. Also you should configure Exchange the same and all other things.
Could you tell us about error messages you`ve got ? Which soft did you use?

Good luck

I'm not familiar with 6.2 laptop, but 6.1.3 came out December 2002. The next major release is NetWorker 7, which is tentatively scheduled for Q2 2003.

Regarding your exchange question, please look at Legato tech bulletin 322-324 for information

vsvs and Wallace88
thank your for replying
Iam using Exchange2000 on W2k server and the 3.1 version of the Exchange networker module.what i have done is since i dont have right to add a new server or create a new site on our Active directory..i have created a new Active directory and installed Exchange server and networker module please note the following:
installed same versions and Service packs on W2k and EXchane2000 and same version of Exchange module
different exchange name

for the error message its "The current Exchange server organization and/or Administrative group doesn't match the value in use at the time of the backup please see Application Event viewr for more information"

Too late probably...
When you do the install/config of the Exchange server you should make smth like mirror, so if on "current" Exchange environment you have SITE called Boston01 , you need to do the same Boston SITE on backup server (anyway it is on diff AD...your own I meant,that what "The current Exchange server organization" said to you ). Also dont forget about HOSTS file(or DNS) - your new client need to talk with backup sevrer.Let me know if you figure out what actually to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back