Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two Public Static IP address

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuzhounet

Technical User
Apr 8, 2014
US
I have two devices that I need to remote into but they both use port 2698 and they are on the same router. Will I be able to have the phone company give me two separate public static IP addresses and then port forward each to the separate internal IP addresses on the router? I believe the remote device automatically sends the port number 2698.

For example:

PUBLIC STATIC IP-1 XX.XX.XX.XX/ROUTER PORT 2698/ INTERNAL DEVICE IP 10.0.1.111
PUBLIC STATIC IP-2 XX.XX.XX.XX/ROUTER PORT 2698/ INTERNAL DEVICE IP 10.0.1.112

Thanks

Your first have to check if your ISP even provides multiple IP addresses. Many don't for home internet service. The easier option is to find out if you can change the port that the camera is using as in this article and NAT the different port. I would think most cameras would allow you to do this because most are behind single IP addresses.
Link

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Thank you. Yes my ISP can provide up to 10 this is for a business customer of mine. This is s PBX phone system device that we are connecting kinda like VOIP but propriety to Nortel. I believe that the device automatically pushes the 2698 automatically I could not find any way to change it from the REMOTE side. There is a REMOTE telephone switch that supports the phone sets and connects them to the LOCAL or SWITCH side where the main phone system is located at the home office.

If for example I get a second Public IP address from the phone company and then send the second REMOTE over that second IP address into the router it will still send 2698. When that happens will this conflict with the first one? How can I get the second unit to get to the second LOCAL device which is 10.0.1.112? This is where I cam confused.

Here is my original thread:

Manuals:
MCK PBX GATEWAY II:

MCK BRANCH EXTENDER 6000

Thanks

Read this. 1:1 NAT is what you want if you have a public ip address available for each internal host (server) to be accessed.
Link

What router do you have and is it capable of handling this scneario???
To answer your question, a (proper) router will handle the NAT without any problems
External IP1 > Internal IP1 port 2698
External IP2 > Internal IP2 port 2698

It's only if you have a single ip address outside that you would need to change the internal port of ONE of the devices.

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back