Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two problems, both involving MIAW's 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

simpleaddict

Technical User
Jan 12, 2004
US
I have created a project for a class assignment, and am pretty much done with it, although there are some problems that I can not seem to get rid of.

Just FYI I am fairly new to director, so I am not sure if what I am trying to do is difficult or not.

First problem, I created a "thumbnail" type page, where you click on a small picture, and it opens a MIAW to display a bigger picture, the MIAW has a close button, and the thumbnailed pictures are Flash buttons. This is the code that I am using:

(This could could be very incorrect)

on mouseUp me
sprite(me.spritenum) .member = "Boat_Center_Button"
global newWindow
newWindow = window "New Window"
window ("New Window") .filename = "Boat_Center.dir"
window ("New Window") .windowType = 2
window ("New Window") .modal = True
window ("New Window") .rect = rect(100, 100, 720, 500)
open newWindow
end

The problem is that it works when I play it in Director, but it does not work when I publish it. It also works when I create a projector, but since it is an assignment, I have not found out yet if we are allowed to present a projector file. All my *.dir files are in the same folder as my director movie, along with the *.htm, and *.dcr. Any help would be appreciated.

Ok second problem, the last requirement was to add music, with user controls. I created play, stop, and volume buttons, and they work fine, they all do what they are supposed to do, but, when I get to the point in the movie, whether playing in director, or in the projector, and I click on one of the "thumbnailed" MIAW the music stops playing. I can hit the play button and the music will start again, but I would like to not have to do that if it is at all possible.

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

~Simple

For security reasons, MIAWs are forbidden in Shockwave movies. You can use JavaScript window instead.

As for your 2nd question, your sound needs to be in either sound channel 1 or 2, otherwise the sound in the main Stage will stop when a MIAW is opened. Also try using external DirectSound Xtra.

Thanks, for the info with problem one, as for problem two, I will look into directsound XTRA, but my music is in channel one.

Any other thoughts?

Sorry to jump in on this one but im having a similar problem.... ive created a movie with a button that links to another movie using:

on mouseUp me
play movie "new_movie"
end

It works fine from my computer however when i up load the web page and press that button the web browser still remains on the first movie.

i have read somewhere that i need to use javascript - bit of a prob im not sure where too start.

any ideas

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back