Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two Output Formats from One FEX Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeonelSanchezJr

Programmer
Jan 26, 2001
US
I have one FEX which as both EXL2K and PDF output, but I have to run the FEX twice in order to get both formats.

Is it possible to run the FEX one time and without having to run the query within the FEX again, Output the second format?

Thanks,

Leo ;-)

Sure, but the REAL answer may depend on WHERE you run it. After the first HOLD request (i.e. HOLD FORMAT EXL2K in the request), add, AFTER the END statement, HOLD FORMAT PDF, on a line by itself. The internal matrix will be reused, without having to re-retrieve the data.

NOTE that I say HOLD. If you're in the WebFocus world, you only can return ONE answer set to the client, so you have to pick which format you want returned. But, if you're keeping the results on the server, or running in batch, the above method will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back