Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamichel

Technical User
Aug 9, 2003
US
My IBM Thinkpad will support an external monitor. Under WIN98SE is there any way to have the laptop and the second monitor display different screens? I'd like to view a webpage on one and a text file on the other, with the ability to work on each independantly.

I ask because I saw my visually impaired neighbor's system (also 98, I think) running with two monitors and one was the normal windows and the second was the output of the Magnify option of windows.

Thanks, George

As far as I know, the use of two monitors would require two video cards. If your ThinkPad is so-equipped and can get both it's own display and another monitor to function then you should check the Windows Help files. Start > Help > multiple display support = the information you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back