Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two locations at one at a time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eemergeit

Technical User
Mar 7, 2007
US
I'm pretty new to Nortel and I'de like to see if I can get some ideas here. This is what I'm trying to accomplish:

1: Call ext 1000. If no one picks up within say 4 rings I would like to forward to another ext say 1001. If no one picks up there, I would like it to transfer to VM for the original ext 1000.

Any ideas on this, or is it even possible?

Thank you!

on x1000 put FDN 2000

an unanswered call will revert to the mailbox of the originally dialed number (key 0) so you do not have to do anything extra to get it back to x1000 voicemail

fyi - FDN is for an unanswered call, HUNT is for busy condition, if you want it to do the same if x1000 is on the line, put the same for HUNT, as you put for FDN.

busy

cls hta
hunt 2000

ring no answer

cls fna
fdn 2000

go back to mail..

on the forward to set fdn XXXX mail, cls sfa and you will need to hunt that to mail if you want to go to mail when both stations

set 1

chg
x x x x
echg yep
cls hta fna sfa
fdn 2000
hta 2000

set 2 (2000)

chg
x x x x
echg yep
cls fna hta sfa