Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two line land line w/wireless headphone??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlockley

Technical User
Nov 28, 2001
US
A little off topic for you lot, but y'all are the most likely of anyone to have an idea:

In addition to a lot of computers my office uses a humble two line land line. I would like to be able to get up and wander without pulling the **&^(^ thing off the desk or tangling the ten foot chord. As in with a bluetooth head set.

There are a lot of bluetooth enabled phones out there, some mobile convergent (neat..you can use your cell through your unit) but I can't figure out if the bluetooth capability extends to a head piece.

Any knowledge, thoughts, ideas, etc?

Many thanks.

very funny.

I've seen those, and that's what I have in m ind. I wonder, however, if there isn't a way to use a standard bluetooth headset with an office phone, not voip.

thanks.

Maybe there is something, but you also have to keep in mind that BlueTooth is only usable out to about 30 feet. It works well for a cell phone headset because you have the phone with you, but not so good for a base set that you will be walking away from.

The Plantronics models generally use 900-MHz which is much more reliable at a distance and even through block walls and such. Also, they don't have to be used with VOIP... they have models that just plug into the hand set cord, and they even have accessories that can lift the unused handset off the hook to answer and hang-up based on turning on and off the Plantronics headset.

Senior Software Developer

the short distance is fine. I would never use it more than 10 feet from the handset, anyway. It's really about desk comfort and being able to get up and walk to a cabinet without dumping the phone on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back