Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two javascript commands; only last one loads

Status
Not open for further replies.

erinql

Programmer
Oct 19, 2001
US
Hi gurus!

Flash newbie here.

I've got the following ActionScipt, which only loads the second window when on the server:
Code:
on (release) {
	gotoAndStop("txt1");
	getURL("javascript:openNewWindow('mov5.html','thewin','height=275,width=400,toolbar=no,scrollbars=no')");
	getURL("javascript:openAlertWindow('im_alert.html','thealert','height=225,width=225,toolbar=no,scrollbars=no')", "_top");
}

What I want, is the quicktime movie to start loading, then another window asking the user to please be patient while loading.

It works fine locally on a 'Test Movie', but on the server I only get the last URL - either works fine, but only the second
Code:
getURL();
pops up.

Is there some sort of break required between
Code:
getURL();
or javascript: commands? Do I need to use only one
Code:
getURL("javascrtipt:...");
and combine them? If not, how can I troubleshoot what's on the server?

Thanks,
Erin QL

Erin Quick-Laughlin
DBA, PHP/MySQL programmer

You could try opening the second popup with an onLoad event from the first popup's html.
In other words, you only call the first popup, and the second one (the alert) is called from within the html opening the first one.

Regards,

cubalibre2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back