Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

two ISP link

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvashisht

IS-IT--Management
Sep 18, 2003
IN
I have two internet links from the two different ISP's. I have configured it to two different router.Thw isp also give me the two series of pulic ip's of different subnet.
My first question is that
if one link goes down the the ip's given by this ISP will work with other ISP's link or not(means my web server can be accessible to internet users having ip of down ISP's link). if it is possible, pls. tell me the to do it.

my second question is that can i configure the two links on same router with load balancing. So that a single gateway for all the users.

My third question is that I want to put a firewall cisco pix 515E. what can be the design of network.Note i have use how are connecting to server in US through VPN.

Regds,
Kaushal Vashisht
I Am from INDIA. LAND teach the world about Mathamatics & started Universities to educate the world.

First Question...
No. Internet traffic for any given IP address is routered by the ISP that owns that IP address. A possible solution would be to use a third party web host to redirect your incoming traffic.

Second question...
Yes. Of course this depends on the type of internet connection you have (T1, ISDN, etc.) and the capabilities or your router. For instance, I have a 2691 that handles 2 T1 links from different ISPs as well as channelized point-t-multipoint T1.

Third question...

ISP A ISP B
\ /
\ /
\ /
Router
|
|
PIX-515
|
|
LAN

MCSE CCNA CCDA

your design is ok. I am also thinking of the but some question still remians unclear.the users who connects to US server through the VPN connection would be able to connect the server if the main ISP links goes down & they have the public IP from the down ISP.How can they switch the other link automatically.
How can I configure the load balancing for ISP connections & what will be the effect of it to VPN users.
I am not understand the third party web host term.can u explain it to me.

Regds,
Kaushal Vashisht
I Am from INDIA. LAND teach the world about Mathamatics & started Universities to educate the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back