Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two installations of Business Objects

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahG

Programmer
May 23, 2002
IE
Hi,
I want to do something very straightforward - I want to have two installations of Business Objects on one machine. The machine in question already has a version of Business Objects (reporter) on it using distribution througha repository, requiring the user to log in when opening Reporter.
I want to install Business Objects reporter on the same machine so that I can distribute a universe through the file system.

However, the setup wizard does not allow me to point to a new installation directory. Any ideas, I am new to Bus Obj deployment, and need this to be as simple & straightforward as possible. All users accessing the data will have the same rights, so BO security is not required for my universe.

Thanks in advance.
Sarah.

Hi Sarah,
I have two versions on one machine but they are 5.1.7 and 6.5.1, I don't believe you can have two of the same version (2x5.x or 2x6.x) on one machine due to - amongst other things - registry settings.

Cheers

That is correct. You cannot have 2.

The easiest thing to do is to build your own little MS Access repository and have your own .key file to access it. Then you can do both of your activites with a single installation.

The reality is that you can do it anyway. If you build a universe you don't have to export it to the repository. You can simply save it on a file system.

Steve Krandel
VERITAS Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back