Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two installations of Business Objects

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahG

Programmer
May 23, 2002
IE
Hi,
I want to do something very straightforward - I want to have two installations of Business Objects on one machine. The machine in question already has a version of Business Objects (reporter) on it, but it was set up by a previous contractor and is highly secured. I don't want to disrupt any functionality or configuration of this installation.
I want to use Business Objects from this machine without logging into a domain, just to open BO Reporter and access a universe directly.

The setup wizard does not allow me to point to a new installation directory. Any ideas, I am new to Bus Obj deployment, and need this to be as simple & straightforward as possible. all users accessing the data will have the same rights, so BO security is not required.

Thanks in advance.
Sarah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back