Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two Forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

rclarke

Technical User
May 14, 2001
GB
Hello

I hope everybody had as good a weekend as I did it was my hen night so due to sleep deprivation I am probaly going to ask a stupid question.

I hope it is because then somebody will be able to answer it for me.

I have two forms set up one links to the weighbridge table the other to a stored loads table nothing clever going on in either table.

Can somebody tell me why in the addload through weighbridge form the append blank in the load event works it appends a blank record and you can enter details in to both text and comboboxes. Click on exit and it saves the record correctly in the blank record.

However in the addLoad to store form I have set up the append blank It appends the blank record but I cannot enter details in to any text fields they are all greyed out combo boxes are fine though.

If I add a record directly to the table and then close the table and then run the form it still appends a blank record but points to the top record it does not add it.

I have tried putting

Append Blank

GOTO BOTTOM

But that does not work.

I have gone through the properties of both forms and the are the same as far as I can tell.

The stored forms used to work but it doesn't any more.

Please help

Thanks in advance

Rachel

Hi,
In the loads form data environment, look for the tables you have opened.
1. Initial selected table (see property sheet of Data environment) shall be loads table. If the loads table is the first table you hav in the DE, this will be set automatically.
2. The Table shall be not be read only (open mode)
3. The table is properly set for 'order'
Hope this helps.

ramani :-9
(Subramanian.G)
FoxAcc
ramani_g@yahoo.com
LET KNOW IF THIS HELPED. ENOUGH EXPERTS ARE HERE TO HELP YOU OUT! BEST OF LUCK :)

Hi Ramani

I have checked the data enviroment are of my form and stored loads form is cursor1. I set the initialselected table to be storedloads.

I am not sure what you mean by properly set for order could you expland please but so far it is still not working.

Rachel s-)

HI Rachel,
In the data environment.. select the Table 1 (Loads table)..
In Property sheet ... there will be 'order' property. Set its value to the index value. ramani :-9
(Subramanian.G)
FoxAcc
ramani_g@yahoo.com
LET KNOW IF THIS HELPED. ENOUGH EXPERTS ARE HERE TO HELP YOU OUT! BEST OF LUCK :)

Thanks Ramani I have done this but the text boxes are still greyed out.

I looked at the weighbridge form does not have any order it works but should I set an oder for it anyway?

When you append a blank record, which alias is the selected alias ?

It should be the alias of the table in which you want a blank record appended.

Maybe if you put:

SELECT stored_loads
APPEND BLANK

it will work.

HTH,
Weedz (Wietze Veld) They cling emotionally to code and fix development rather than choosing practices based on analytical assesments of what works best. - Steve McConnell

Well I have apeared to sorted my problem out.

I recreated my form out of pure desperation and renamed the old one.

I did every thing exactly the same and it works this time I have looked at the settings of both of them and they appear the same.

It is very frustrating that I could not see what was wrong.

Thank you for you help

Rachel :-I

A puzzled face for a puzzled person

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back