Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two Extension No's, Single Handset 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaccyNet

Technical User
Jun 6, 2006
GB
Hi all!

Hopefully someone can help me with this (or even just let me know if it is possible!)
I have a user that has an internal extension (1062) This is mapped to a 5215 handset with voicemail. The extension is not accessable from the outside world so they have requested a DDI number (1162), heres where things get complicated:

They want both numbers to ring on the handset regardless and both to go to a single voicemail box (preferably 1062's) but they also want the ability to redirect calls from the DDI(1162) to a different extension when required.

Phone switch: Mitel 3300MX running 7.1

Any help greatly appreciated, please feel free to tell me its not possible if that is the case.

Many thanks!
Steve

On extension 1162 create a key appearence of 1062. Both extensions will then ring on the same phone.

Hope this helps

There is no 'I' in 'Team'

Another option would be to use the System Speed Call Assignment form. Put the DDI (1162) in the Speed Call Number field and put the local extension (1062) in the Actual number field. All calls to either number will ring the 1062 key on the phone and will also go to the same mailbox.

Controller type is important

Mitel100's answer is the correct one for a SX200

Paterson's is the correct one for the 3300

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

And I missed the controller type in the original, sorry, my bad.

Definitely follow the speed call route. (Paterson)

You can create a key line separately if you like but you will have numerous other hoops to jump thru to force the call into a single mailbox.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Thanks for the replies!

Just being able to get the two extension numbers onto one handset seems to have satisfied what the user wants, they've now decided against forwarding to mobile (thank goodness!!)

Much appreciated, its friendly knowledgable people like yourselves that keep me comming back to Tek-Tips (and recommending it to others)

Thanks again
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back