Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two easy questions - formula and date 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobCarona

Technical User
Mar 29, 2004
US
I am using Approach for Windows (v 3.02) with Windows 98.

Question 1: Why does the result of SCount(Lastname) only appear in preview? I would like to see it when I use browse in a form.

Question 2: I create a report of selected names each month. I would like to include the current month in the header of the report. I've tried everything and nothing seems to work. How can I create a header of a report that tells the month the report was created?

1) If you have only one database, you cannot summarize the "lastname" count on a form view. If it were to be joined to another database, showing the "lastname" field in a repeating panel, then the summary options for the SCount field would need to be changed to "ALL records in database xxxx" where xxxx is the db containing "lastname".

2) If you have the current month in a variable-type field you can insert that variable field into the header text block. When you edit the text in a text block, on the menu bar there is a "Text" option with "Insert" as one of the options.

Sue Sloan
XpertSS.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back