Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

twdave

IS-IT--Management
Feb 18, 2004
US
Can Exchange 2003 support emails for domains that are not AD domains? For example, my AD domain may be "mycompany.com" so I'll have dave@mycompany.com. But I'd also like to have dave@testcompany.com or dave@othercompany.com.

I also must be able to send emails from those emails addresses.

Yes that would be possible if you own the other domains. You would just have to make sure you have all of your DNS pointing in the right direction. For example where i work we host Exchange for like 20 different customers and they use the rpc over http feature in Outlook 2003 to connect to get their email. All of these customers are different domains and all hosted on our server which is in our production domain. SO the answer is yes that exchange is capable of hosting more domains that are not AD Domains.

1 thing i noticed from your post is you say you want to send out from the other domain addresses, users can only have one default address so you can receive mail from as many domains as you want you can only send out from 1 per user. I've got round this in the past by creating another user with a different default email domain and giving the send as right to user.

If there's another way round it i would love to know it as i know a couple of people that it frustrates.

Thanks for the replies.

Yes - sending and receiving would have to be possible for all domains. We own mulitple domains that are used for emailing purposes, but only have one network domain configured.

if this is possible, Exchange configuration assistance is requested.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back