Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TWO DISK OF RAID 5 FAILED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2004
US
HI,

I have a big problem with our File Server whick HP DL380 G3. The server has 6 disk (hot plug). Bay 0 and 1 is configured RAID 1 (system) and bay 2 to 5 is configured RAID 5 (DATA). Today 2 disk of RAID 5 failed which is bay 4 and 5. The 2 disk display amber light but the server still working because system is configured in RAID. At the same time there is a lot of error appeared stating the WRITE problem on DATA. So we reboot the server using pressing the power button. After we power on the two failed disk is now in green light which is ok. but error appears that logical 2 has failed. press F1 to continue and press F2 to accpept DATA loss. so we press F1, the server starts, i check the disk management and RAID 5 states that RAID 5 has now unallocated which means that the DATA has been lost. i checked the HP Array configuration and the logical 2 (RAID 5) has still failed. Can we recover all the DATA in RAID 5? the two failed disk is now ok. but the problem is the RAID is now unallocated. PLEASE HELP. we don't have a back-up. all the DATA in the company is in RAID 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back