Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two Desktops

Status
Not open for further replies.

iolair

IS-IT--Management
Oct 28, 2002
US
Is it possible to sync the Palm Desktop software on two computers using the Palm, so that both desktops have exactly the same information? I'm talking about one at work, one at home, and being able to keep them both up to date via the Palm. I know I'll have to use the same username, and create the exact same categories, etc.

Iolair MacWalter
Director of IT

I think so, but you'll have to be careful about your HotSync settings so you don't overwrite new data with old.

Thanks. That's what I'm hoping for - the newest info on ALL devices.

Iolair MacWalter
Director of IT

I sych my Palm TX both at home and in the office. However, I do find that the first synch at a new location (at home in the vening after synching that day in the office)is very slow. Therefore, I plan to do the first synch in the new location at a time I can leave it cooking for twenty minutes or so. After that, if I synch again in the same location, it takes no time at all. then, the first synch back at the alternate location will be slow.
BTW - I tried opening a small pdf and had the same problem of the devise resetting. As a matter of fact, I created a one page pdf and moved it to the handheld with a synch. Then opened Adobe Reader, and it did not show up. when I tried a pdf that was listed (I don't know how large it was), the reset occurred. I don't know why the pdf I synched to the Palm did not show. Any thought

I just wanted to let you know that I did get the Adobe Reader to work on a small document. I had incorrected tried to synch it to the handheld. Once i did it correctly, Adobe opened it perfectly. Many thanks.

Glad it worked. If there is any way you can get those original files smaller, maybe you can read them. I divide mine up into "chapters". Yes, I know it's a pain, and luckily, I have a copy of the full Acrobat product at work. No way would I pay $400 - $600 for Acrobat personally.

Thanks for the info on synching at two locations. It's easier to carry around my Palm than some big paper notebook.

Iolair MacWalter
Network Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back