Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two date ranges

Status
Not open for further replies.

grecon

Technical User
Mar 8, 2007
US
Hi I have a report that shows territory sales just the state and total sales for a specific date range. Now I would like to add another date range so I can compare 2011 and 2012 but I am unsure how to do this. I am new to crystal - would appreciate any help. Thanks

I figured it out using cross tab but how do I get the date month (I have it by months for each year)to read MAY instead of 5/2012 and so on?

First, right-click on the crosstab dates and see if it will let you change the format.

If this fails, you could create a formula field with something like
Code:
ToText({your.date}, "MM/yyyy - MMM")

This would show 05/2012 - May, and can be used for the Crosstab for anything from Crystal 10 onwards. But if you just used the month-name, the crosstab would sort alphabetically by month-name.

It helps to give your Crystal version - 8, 8.5, 9, 10, 11, 2008 or whatever. Methods sometimes change between versions, and higher versions have extra options.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 2008 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back