Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two columns differentiated by filter 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtless

Programmer
Apr 16, 2010
CA
This hould be relatively easy, but I'm new to CR and this one is frustrating me.

Assume we want to display a sum in a column, and that the rows are county indicators. I filter the sum column so it indicates the value for men only.

I want another column to indicate the same sum, only for women.

When I put the "gender filter" on one column (or the other) that filter is applied to both columns. What am I missing here?

Thanks

D

Are you using a Running Total, if yes then you need to create two separate RTs. One for men and one for women.

You can't just copy the RT.

Ian

Ian;

I'm not using a running totao. Rather, I am summing the field by county group.

My problem is that everything I do to the one column is likewise done to the other. So in the first column I am trying to display sales by men (for that county). In column 2 I want the sales by women. Like this:

County Sales by Men Sales by women

Madison 5100.00 4200.00
Queens 875.00 925.00

But when I filter either column for men I get

County Sales by Men Sales by women

Madison 5100.00 5100.00
Queens 875.00 875.00

and vice versa

D

You can create two RTs as discussed above.

Or create two formula.

@men
If Gender = male then 1 else 0

@women
If Gender = female then 1 else 0

Then sum these.

Ian

...and you should NOT be limiting records to a specific gender in your record selection formula.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back