Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two ACT! errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

tecphonelady

Vendor
Mar 21, 2003
US
Hello, We have ACT! 10.0.3 Premium, running on XP SP 3 machines with Outlook 2007. Have 1 PC that can't send an email from ACT!.

The error message is "Object Reference not set to an instance of an object".

Any suggestions?

Not sure if this is at all related, we have ACT! linked to Sage MAS90 using ACTLink 1.5. On this same PC, the Default Division Set up portion at the top is blank. Any suggestions there?

Thanks!

Ann

At what point (exactly - ie give the key strokes) do you get that error.

That error in a Microsoft .Net error that really just means "something is wrong"... you need to know exactly what caused the error in order to work out how to prevent it

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust
Join the LinkedIN ACT! Fanatics Group

The error appears immediately after you click on the email address in the "E-mail" field in ACT!. On our other machines clicking that link opens a "New" email in Outlook with the "To" field populated.

This PC is 10.0.3.182 Hotfix 1.

An it is working now....

I had tried to send an email without Outlook open this morning (it's early here) and got the error. Then when I tried to open Outlook it wouldn't open so I had to quit it in task manager. Tried to open it again and got the "Outlook will open is safe mode" error, and clicked OK. It still didn't open. So we I tried again I got a message that Office would run a repair. After that ran, Outlook opened and I can now send emails from this PC.

Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back