Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Twitter will not display in IE9 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BionicJohn

Technical User
Nov 6, 2002
GB
This problem seems to be specific to IE9. (IE9 on Win7 32, 4Gb RAM with an NVidia GeForce 8600GTS vid card.)

The Twitter home page seems to be downloaded, the favico appears in the tab, the Verisign Certificate is accessible but the screen is blank white with nothing displayed.

If Google is used to find Twitter, the link seems to work as described in the previous sentence, but the screen remains displaying the Google search results, with all the links inactive (after clicking on the Twitter link).

This failure to display is why I identified my vid card, though it's fine otherwise and has, AFAIK, the latest correct driver.

There are no other apparent issues with IE9, and other sites, secure or otherwise, download and open just fine.

Twitter works fine in FF12 and Chrome.

Searching with Google suggests this problem is not unknown, but none of the solutions offered work.
E.G.
Load up IE with no add-ons
Reset IE settings
Check latest version of Flash was installed
Repair IE (from )

Eventually I rolled back to IE8, and while the fonts look a bit pixellated, Twitter can be accessed as expected.

Funnily enough, this does not happen with IE9 on my Win7 64 bit Sony laptop.

Any suggestions as to where to look next?

Cheers, John.

Liverpool: Capital of Culture 2008
Anfield: Capital of Football since 1892
Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Easy when you know how!

Many thanks, all is now fine.

Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Thanks for the star. You never know which of those products might be causing areas of a web page to "not display" properly or at all. So I A) always make sure they are present on any PC I touch and B) they are up to date.

goombawaho said:
You never know which of those products might be causing areas of a web page to "not display" properly or at all.
I updated them all but think it was Flash that was the issue, as that needs to be IE specific. I'm a long time FF user, and assume MS takes care of IE!

Many thanks - the Mrs can now happily tweet away …

Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back