Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Twin Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barahm

Technical User
Jan 3, 2019
CA
I have the following Scenario:
Extension number 825 is a member of group 191. 825 is twinned to Mobile 1xxxxxxxxxx
191 ring mode is sequential
When I call the group 191 internally from extension 525, I get the extension 825 rings but not the Cell number. The call is supposed to go over PRI to reach the Cell Phone.
When I traced the call in SYSMON, I found that the IPO sends the calling party as 525 ( InformationElement = CallingPartyNumber=525)
525 is the extension made the call. The carrier doesn't like the 3 digits rejected the twinning call. This issue only happens if I call the group from an internal extension.

I had to disable (Send original calling party number for forwarded and twinning calls)under the line configuration to get this working however the customer needs the(Send original calling party number for forward and twinning calls) to be enabled as they use twinning in their setup.

Is there anyway to keep the (Send original calling party number for forwarded and twinning calls)enabled and we call the group internally to send the Pilot number instead of sending the Extension number as a calling party when we internally call the hunt group this hunt group?

It's 11.0.2
I have more than 150 IP Phone in the system and any extension may call the 191 group. DO I need to create the ICR for all of the extensions?
Why do I need to create Create an incoming call route entry without placeholders for extension 525?

Yes, you will need one for every user who's CLI should be presented.

IPO needs it to translate the internal number against the number that ja has to be sent outbound.

IP Office remote service Fixed price SIP trunk configuration: CLI based cale blocking: SCN fallback over PSTN:

I created ICR and only added the destination to be 525 for Line group 0 "PRI group", no incoming number, no CLI, but that didn't solve the problem. When I tried that I found the calling part number is 525 and the twinning didn't work.
When I added incoming number (good number) in the incoming number field, that worked fine.In my case the extensions don't have DID's. Any ideas? Thank you

Then create ICR entries containing a main DID you want to send.

Since the default entry for that DID is older it will be used for inbound calls.

IP Office remote service Fixed price SIP trunk configuration: CLI based cale blocking: SCN fallback over PSTN:

In Users/Mobility did you toggle on "Hunt group calls eligible for mobile twinning"

Travis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back