Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tweaking Page Header

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMSNET

IS-IT--Management
Jan 1, 2018
PH
hello everyone!
can someone suggest on how to setup a report where one of data entry would be placed at pageheader and allow it to be viewed and works just like what it is in detail band? say for example,i have a table with the following data entries:

Account name JEV 1 JEV 2 JEV 3
CTC 50 105 320
PERMIT FEES 850
BUSINESS TAX 190
GARBAGE FEES 200 500 500

where, account name is field 1 and jev is field 2

my question would be: is it possible that we could spread the jev entries field at the pageheader band?
since it is required in the report that it is to be placed at the top of the report. im just curious and
i dont really have any idea about it.
Thanks a lot in advance....

Hello to you too

Could you 'draw a picture' of what you want, because I am not quite following your query.

You can put fields in your page header or report title groups. Generally, they might only come from one record, but it is perfectly possible
to use a UDF to create a custom 'block' in a text field, or series of text fields...

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'm trying to cut down on the use of shrieks (exclamation marks), I'm told they are !good for you.

what i would like to drive here is that can i possibly spread horizontally jev field entries (jev1,jev2,jev3) in page header?

Account name JEV 1 JEV 2 JEV 3
CTC 50 105 320
PERMIT FEES 850
BUSINESS TAX 190
GARBAGE FEES 200 500 500

If you want captions, you simply use labels. But the report driving cursor always drives the detail band. If you want to print in the top section of the page, simply shrink down the header to zero size and detail band printing starts at the top of the page.

Bye, Olaf.

Your question is still unclear. Are Jev1, Jev2 and Jev3 three different fields? Or have you got one field with three different values (in different records)? If the former, are there always exactly three, or can you also have Jev4, Jev5, ...? And how are these fields connected to Account Name? From your text, it looks like they are instances of the account name, but in your first post you suggest that they are separate fields.

If Jev1, Jev2 and Jev3 are three fields, what do you want to show in the page header? The values of those fields in the first record? Or the first record on each page? Or what?

I'm sure it will be easy to achieve your goal, but you need to describe your date more clearly.

Also, when posting data from a table, please use the[ignore]
Code:
[/ignore] tags. These will enable you to provide the proper spacing for your columns, and so make the data much clearer.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

MIKE, all the entries jev1, jev2, jev3 are entries for the field jev and it increases depending on the number of transactions occuring. im trying to layout collection transactions like accountname for every jev entries as stated hereunder:

[URL unfurl="true"]https://res.cloudinary.com/engineering-com/image/upload/v1519931588/tips/New_Picture_olyjsu.bmp[/url]
ACCNT_imml4j.png

For that, where you have a variable number of columns and a variable number of rows, I would go for Excel automation.

That would give you a matrix that would probably support your needs - although it is limited to (I think) a few hundred columns and 65K rows most likely.

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'm trying to cut down on the use of shrieks (exclamation marks), I'm told they are !good for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back