Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Twain problem with scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmsbasd

MIS
May 6, 2002
US
I have a Memorex MEM48U scanner. Windows 2000 sees the device and loads the driver. If I go into Scanners and Cameras, it sees the scanner and the test passes successfully. When I try to access the scanner from the included ScanPanel program or from Imaging, I get an error saying 'Twain not connected'.

I ran into this problem with the same scanner on another system running Windows 98 and was able to resolve it by remove any software or references to other imaging devices and reinstalling the MEM48U software. This does not seem to work under Windows 2000, even with the latest drivers.

The one thing I notice is that, in the winnt\twain_32 folder, there are listing for the MEM48U along with three other devices. I can't remove them except in safe mode. Even after I remove them, they are put back in when rebooted.

Anyone have an idea of how to get this device to work? Thanks.

Michael
BASD IS/IT Dept

This is probably a stupid question, but did you go to

File -> Select Source

And select that scanner as your input device in the application that you are using for scanning?

Most times, just installing a scanner will not cause it to be selected as your default scanner.

Just a thought....

Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back