Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TVS50 Ports Busy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sypher77

Vendor
Sep 14, 2016
US
I am working on a TA624 with TVs50 voicemail, just recently voicemail stopped working. When you call either of the two ports it shows busy. I have tried may ways to fix the issue with no avail.

When the voicemail boots up and tests the ports, you can call the port numbers and it rings but as soon as the voicemail shows online it goes straight to busy. Any ideas why? I tried plugging in a phone to the ports and it doesnt work, all other ports the phone will work on. The ports are 15 and 16 using station number 115 and 116

This is just a hunch...but there is a possibility it was hacked... a lot of these system's get hacked (they hear Panasonic Digital Debbie AA prompts when mass calling systems at night) .
When you re-power it back up see if you see CO lines are being grabbed to call out....if you don't see this ...it could mean the VM extenion/ports are toll -restricted, like they should be and it's freezing up ports trying to call out but it can't (restricted)...but will continue to try..
Go into "REPORTS" and look at mailbox usage...look for red flags with multiple outbound calling / calling attemps ...and suspicious long distance pre-fixes on those outbound calls.
If it's hacked...you need to re-initialize it of course....do that by powering it off...then with small tool move the bottom dip switch (dip switch 4) to the RIGHT...power back on for 3 minutes....then while still powered on move dip switch four back to the LEFT position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back