Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TVS-90 Drops calls on Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaoldschl

MIS
May 17, 2001
US
I have a KX-TD816-6 hooked to a TVS-90 attempting to do Call Forward to CO for an after hours answering service. First the call would hang on for about 10 seconds and then drop you back into the VPS. I changed the transfer to FXD and now it does just that, hookflash, dial and then disco but it discos from the line it grabbed to do the transfer and never transfers you. I've enabled the call forwarding in both systems, I've checked the Extension-CO and CO-CO timers. I've verified that if the extension forwarded is dialed that the forwarding completes. I've listened to the call go through with my butt set and can hear it dial, ring and then the VPS just drops the call without connecting. I have this working on two other systems with near duplicate config. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Also, system won't light MW for a phantom extension. I've reset and reconfigured the system twice. I'm thinking it's an integration problem/defective unit. Any support for that theory out there?

So you have a phone call-forwarded to external? You need to use the dial string FXA for extension CF-External. FX should work also, but that is a supervised transfer.

Also, phantom extemsions do not have message waiting lights. They exist only as buttons on digital phones. The only message waiting lights available on the system are when new messages reside in mailboxes that have digital phones associated with them. You might want to try "Authorization for Auto-Forwarding" in the voicemail's class of service to move messages to a phone/mailbox with a MW light.

Actually a phantom extension can have a message waiting light. All the VPS is doing is dialing the 710 code and the extension to turn on the light. You program it through 005 on a flexible CO button. Also, if you want you can take a phantom extension, give it a mailbox and then assign a digital set as the owner of the mailbox in the VPS and the phantom line will light the actual 'message' light on the digital set. That gets a little confusing for the user, though. Anyway, I can turn the MW light for the phantom on from other digital sets just not from the VPS. As to the transfer neither FX, FXA nor FXD works from the VPS. My plan is to disconnect the TVS, do a system clear on the 816 and bring it back up duplicate to a system I installed last week that is working. If it doesn't work at that point I'm calling Panasonic.

Wow, I didn't know you could have MW on phantom extensions. Since phantom extensions exist only as a button on phones, it must be lighting the phantom button? Does it make it solid red if there is a message? Is there a conflict with the visual indication of a ringing phantom call?

Also, I have always been able to use FXA with external CF, so I guess there may be something wrong, like you say.

I rebuilt the system last night and, as you suggested, changed the hardware setting on transfer to FXA in the process. This has fixed all the problems and the system is doing exactly what the customer wants. I appreciate your input, I must have just missed something on the first setup and been unable to pinpoint it when shooting the trouble.

As to the MW it is not a call appearance of the phantom, it is actually programmed as MW. So, if you want to do it; use 005, the jack #, the button you want to program and hit 3 plus the phantom extension #. The light will come on solid red and the user is able to press the button when lit and automatically access the mailbox of the phantom. I use this frequently in situations where the options from an auto attd don't really match the duties of the actual extension users. Most situations have a main operator with a multi button set and MW lights for each of the different mailbox options from an auto attd that is used only as a backup answering device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back