Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TVM50

Status
Not open for further replies.

brotech

Technical User
Jun 29, 2011
CA
Hi Folks

I have client that is a Medical Clinic. When Patients call in and do not get a live person, they want the Caller to get a greeting informing them of the Clinic Status (Open/Closed etc) but not be able to leave a message.

What i am looking to set up is a "Listen Only" mailbox. I don't see where this is done, or how to set one up.

Thought it might be an option when I create a new Mailbox, but i don't see it there.

Its not standing out to me at all....Am I missing something?

Thanks

BT

Hey brotech,

You could have calls go to a custom service menu that disconnects at the end, after giving a message? I've done that with a few places.

Calls ring ICDG, ICDG on No Answer goes to 500(make sure service groups in UM Config tell it what to play), play the message, then disconnect on no DTMF. Have the wait for first digit set to something low, like 1 second. You could even repeat the message once before disconnecting.

Thanks TT

I have the calls going to a Cuatom Service Menu currently.

Press 1 for Dr A and 2 for Dr B. When they do not answer the caller ends up being able to leave a message. Which they don’t want.
I was hoping to just manipulate the mailbox so Callers can’t leave a message. Maybe it’s not that simple??

brotech, what kind of PBX do you use with your TVM?

Try on the mailbox Personal Custom Service, set NO DTMF Input Option to Disconnect All Day

Ired...PBX is a TDA100

Thanks for the suggestion Telephoneguy20....I will try that when I get back to site.

I do not see any Card identified as OPB3 nor a MSG submodule.

I believe I have an answer to my original question regarding the denial of callers leaving messages.

However, I have a slightly different issue going on now....I am not able to change the Custom Service greeting from a phone. I am able to modify from the TVM maintenance program...but not a phone. These are receptionists phones that a month or so ago were able to do this.

I am able to do the 165#6*998 (pwd#) but when I press 5, I get a message saying "Sorry this function is not available".

I was going to try a reboot on the TVM..but I ran out of time.

Is that the answer..a reboot???

THX

Make sure, when you try to log in through a phone, that you're not logged into the terminal on your PC. It won't let the same user log in on two devices

OMG!!!

I am such an idiot....that is exactly what is going on.

Tele-tech you are golden!!!

I've done that exact things more times than I can count, and I feel just as stupid every, single, dammed time as the first time. lol

Glad to hear you got it working

Another option is to record the B/NA greeting and when you are finished speaking press the mute button for at least 30-50 seconds, and then accept the greeting. I've done that a few times, caller usually just hang up as it dead silence ! Good luck

Hi Folks Just an update

Telephone Guy--the Custom Service menu did work....once I was able to figure out the relationship between the Voice mail Trunk and the CS menu.

TMcGuire--I did not try that but it is a great suggestion. Thx for offering that.

Just an FYI....I inherited a bunch of Panasonic systems due to the local tech passing away. I am in need of some high level support that I am willing to pay for. Is there anyone out there, preferably in Canada, (unless you have a TF# or some way for me to avoid making LD calls into the US on my Cell phone) that wants to take me on as a client?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back