Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TVA200 message retention

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlinman

IS-IT--Management
Nov 5, 2001
US
I have built a new class of service and changed the message retention days to 5 for both new and saved messages and changed a users mailbox to that COS. It seems to be ignoring those settings and keeping messages forever. Is there some where else I need to look?

Thanks

mlinman, what software version is the TVA200? Also, how are you verifying that it is not working? What I mean is; are you leaving a message in the mailbox and then checking 6 days later and the message is still there? You do realize that the TVA keeps the voicemail at least 24 hours longer because of the recover option.

I agree with TelecomAvatar, make sure you have the latest version, and since you have the retention set at 5 days, I would wait 7 to be sure the deleted mssgs are actually cleared.

Thanx a bunch!

John Berry, Owner

Lantex Voice & Data Systems
San Diego, Ca
Business Telephones, Cabling, VOIP, Access Control, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back