Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tv out no colour

Status
Not open for further replies.

collilia

Technical User
Aug 6, 2002
I have an Nvidia geforce2 mx400 graphics card with tv out.when I connect the card to the tv via a scart adapter I get picture on the tv but its only black and white.I've tried both an svideo cable and rgb cable with the same result from both.Is there any way of getting the picture in colour ?? or is there a setting that I'm missing

TIA
Liam.

Have you tried a just simple analog cable(yellow tulp) ?

svideo to scart will only work if your scart can accept svideo.
if it can't you get a b&w picture.
some cards are shipped with a svideo to rca adaptor , try that then feed rca to scart.

Thanks to all for their help.
still no joy but I'm working on it.

Liam.

Are you based in UK?

If so you need to set the output of the card to PAL and not NTSC which is used for Amaerica

I think NTSC is normally set to default output

Simply use a Phono plug type cable that runs from TV OUT to Video IN on television

I D/L NVIEW drivers for the NVidia Geforce MX on mine and set the output to PAL and everything worked great

You can definately go to NVidia's site and get these drivers and it will work!

Best of luck

Jamie

Just to add a bit more to my previous post

- PAL output is the option that will provide a colour picture, whereas NTSC won't because of incompatabilities

- You can buy a suitable cable that connects from your Geforce to your TV but you seem sorted already so use the one you have

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back