Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tutorials/Learning Material - Where are they? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

josel

Programmer
Oct 16, 2001
US
Howdy y'all!

Just got me 5.2 eVersion and before I open it, I wonder where do I go for hold me by the hand and take me there kind of tutorials and learning material.

All suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Regards;

Jose Lerebours If you have the knowledge, consult and educate those who need it! - Jose Lerebours

I'm not a tutorial learner, I'm much more of a look at the code and rip things apart trial and error type so I’m not terribly familiar with tutorials out there but here’s some places to look…

Macromedia has their Macromedia University where you can purchase online training. There are 2 Authorware classes there. I've never tried them so I really can't comment much further.

There are some tutorials that come with Authorware—go to the Help menu and click on Tutorial. Those aren’t bad. Also under the help section you can click on the Show Me link. I like looking at the samples and learning from those.

Joe Ganci’s site, (Authorware.com) and Rampant Lion ( are two great sites that not only have a ton of samples & articles, but also training materials you can buy.

Here’s a list of Macromedia Authorware publications—there’s bunch of books listed, in general anything by Joe Ganci or the folks at Media Shoppe (Jennie Thornton) are always good.

Finally, here’s a couple of lists to Authorware sites:

and the Authorware Web Ring:

I highly recommed the Aware List as well—it’s an email list that you can join & get help from some really great people. The absolute best, movers & shakers in the Authorware community offer up their time and everyone helps each other when they get stuck. There is also a searchable archives of postings which has helped me a ton over they years. Here’s the home page for the Aware list: and here’s the page for the archives search:
And if nothing else, do a google search on Authorware or Authorware Tutorials, it should turn up some good sites as well.

Hope this helps.
steve

Steve, thank you for taking the time to forward such valuable bundle of information.

What you've provided here is certain to open doors and keep me busy for awhile.

Regards;

Jose Lerebours
If you have the knowledge, consult and educate those who need it! - Jose Lerebours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back