Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tutorial to compile Asterisk 1.4.9 with OpenH323 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome job, I am sure this will help people. H.323 is not the best documented area of Asterisk. You also did it with Avaya stuff even better! There was a post in here from someone who needed a little help with an IP Office and getting a multitech device working, since you are an engineer maybe you can point some stuff out for him! Either way thanks for the tutorial!

Hi,

I also connected Avaya CM 2.0.1 in to Asterisk by this way with H323 from Nufone(in /Asterisk/Channels/h323). It works but have some stack issues with high level of Call (PRedictive are batch file in var/.../asterisk/outgoing)
So Finaly i connected Yate Between Avaya and Asterisk as Sip/h323 gateway because Yate has one of the best implementation of OpenH323 and also sip and IAX. It seems really reliable.
I have question regarding your h323.conf v:
Why this lines are for ?
progress_setup = 8
progress_alert = 8
Other questions is :Do you know how to send the agentLoginId (as connected number) who is answering a call into a skill to asterisk. For example, my sipphone calling a vdn and agent from a skill answer the call, i can't see wich agent answered, even if i setup Connected Number = y in trunks, setup isdn public unknow ... and also per Cpn calling number in station.

Hope you can help ?

Michael, from Sitel France

Working on Avaya S8700 and tampering with Asterisk !

Hi vamosalavaya!

So you are french but i'll write in english for everybody:

I have setup the value to 8 because I have observed that the initialisation of the call is quicker with this value! but you can use the others value that work also very nice!

To send the agent login id through the network you need to put the value VDN override to y on your VDN and change the name of your agent to have the login ID in the name of the agent like:
#32800 Agent

I hope that can help you.

Best Regards.

CONSTANTIN Cyril

CONSTANTIN Cyril
Telecom Expert
Engineer Avaya
France

Hi Cyril,
Many many thanks !
Sorry for the delay of my answer, just retrieve your in my email to sort !
I will try it ASAP and be back to you asap

Regards

Michael

Working on Avaya S8700 and tampering with Asterisk !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back