Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

turning on universal password

Status
Not open for further replies.

heado

MIS
May 14, 2004
IE
Hi,

I am connecting to novell 6.5 from macs and had turned on Universal passwords. However something had changed when I tried logging in again and it seemed as universal password had been turned off. I went into imanager-NMAS-Universal Password Configuration and was getting errors. I looked in the help and it said that I had to delete the 3 entries and recreate them. However when I try and do this I get the error "NDS Error -603

Hi -
603 is a "no such attribute" error.. could be a bunch of different things. How are time sync and DS sync? How many replicas do you have? You can use DSBrowse to look at the object on each replica, perhaps it will illustrate whose object is missing attriubutes. Somewhere there appears to be a copy of the object which is not all there.. If you can't delete the object, you can perhaps find the bad replica and whack it, then replace it with a good one. (drastic perhaps, but effective) If you have a Novell support contract their techs have an inhouse tool (dsdump) that lets them hexedit the replicas so they can fix one object (for ex).

ps - forgot to mention that dsbrowse -a gives you a delete option to delete a single bad object. You can do this on each replica if necessary. Also in iMonitor, click the upper LH corner of the page where the name is (iMonitor) and select "advanced mode". I call this "dangerous mode".. this will also give you the power to remove an object.. but do be careful. ;)

I have had a look but Im not exactly sure what I am searching for. I ahve never used dsbrowse or work on replicas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back