Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Turning on Auto Attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirkPhone

Technical User
Aug 10, 2006
US
I have a TD1232/TVS100 system that was programmed by someone else long ago that I want to turn the AA on. We are currently using 8 CO lines that ring to ~30 extensions using DIL1:N on different intervals (Imd, 1ring, 3ring) so that certain people are the "operators". I have almost everything mapped out to change over and make the AA function in almost the exact same way as now. The 1 thing that I cannot figure out how to setup is how to emulate the DIL1:N on a group of extensions when you press 0 to get the operator. I want to have many phones ring so that I can use the operator 1,2,3 function to ring 2 extensions first, but then ring out to a "group" or certain set of extensions so the phone call always gets answered.
I have not been able to figure out how to setup a group of existing extensions that I can ring the incoming call to. I cannot use extension groups as every user needs their own voice mail, and a phantom extension would not really work the same would it? Could I use a Extension Hunt Group on "Ring"?

Any ideas would be very helpful in this matter as I have learned so much from these forums already...

read the book use see custom dialing menu

also get a tech to call things can go badly wrong if you dont know set it up properly. like if aa not setup right you could end up missing calls

peter

yes you can use a hunt grp
map the flt extn number of the hunt grp to the digit you want to dial in the AA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back