Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Turning off caller ID on certain extension blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubyHunter

IS-IT--Management
Mar 31, 2006
US
I am running an option 61c with caller ID enabled.

The system is configured as follows:

(907)-xxx-02xx : DID Block
(907)-xxx-03xx : DID Block
(907)-xxx-64xx : DID Block
5xx : Non-DID Block
6xx : Non-DID Block
7xx : Non-DID Block
8xx : Non-DID Block
9xx : Reserved for internal use

Now, when I call out on the system, the 200 and 300 extensions show up on caller ID properly with 907-xxx-02xx.
But when I call from a 400 extension, it shows up as 907-xxx-04xx instead of 64xx. I need to figure out how to make the phone switch show 64xx instead of 04xx.

Also, along the same lines, my 500, 600, 700, and 800 extensions (Which AREN'T DID extensions)are showing up on caller ID as 907-xxx-66xx, 67xx, 68xx.
I need to find out how to hide the 5,6,7,800 extensions from showing up on caller ID.

any assistance that can be rendered would be greatly appriciated. I'm fairly new at the finer points of this system and could use the help. I have a full set of the books and the electronic copy of the manuals if that is of any consolation.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back