Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Turn "do not disturb" on/off externally to Phone Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

snelders8

Programmer
Jun 2, 2004
AU
Hi,

Is there a way af being able to turn Do Not Distrun on and off in Phone Manager externally to the program - ie. I want to write a program that can do it for me under certain conditions.

I have tried via the TAPI but I'm having trouble learning how to program it and make it work.
Is there a registry setting that can be changed? Where is the Do Not Disturb setting in Phone Manager configuration stored?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason Snelders

The setting is part of the system configuration, its not stored by Phone Manger but read and written to the switch.

If you want REALLY simple, and are prepared to have your user on an analog phone in order to get it - route the analog port through a modem on the PC first. Then have your program take the modem offhook and dial *08 or *09 as needed to turn DND on or off.

Or, better but more complex, setup a VMPro callflow that can be accessed via a shortcode, that points to a Play Configuration Menu token. You'll have to trial and error the exact timing and sequence of digits but you should be able to design your program to use a modem on an analog port to dial through this callflow and turn any users DND on or off - digital station or not.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back