Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Turn on paging for 7940g IP phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

tturner33

Technical User
Apr 3, 2006
US
Hello,

I am adding new Cisco 7940g IP phones to our environment and cannot get external pages to broadcast over them. By external pages, I mean that our receptionist dials *9 from her phone, speaks the page, and it plays over the loud speakers in the ceiling and the 7940g phones in outlying areas.

We currently have about 10 7940g IP phones that paging works on. These were setup by the vendor at the time of istallation. I have compared my new phone/extension/user setup in Call Manager Express (version 2.3) with those that work properly and cannot find any differences. Do you have to enable paging on the physical phone once it is set up in Call Manager Express? Or am I missing something else? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Tom

Go into the CLI and see what the vendor built for Paging. Then add that to the ephones for the 7940's.

So if the vendor created:
ephone-dn 2
number *9
name IP-Paging
paging ip 239.1.1.1 port 2000

On the ephone:
ephone 1
mac-address XXXX.XXXX.XXXX
paging-dn 2
type 7940
button X:X

The paging-dn 2 matches the ephone-dn 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back