Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

turn on autoattendant remotely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 22, 2006
US
i inherited a definity phone system last month and part of my job is to set up the holiday messages for auto attendant. i did that, but whoever actually turns on the auto attendant (noone seems to know who was supposed to and half the office is out on christmas) didnt turn it on. now my boss wants me to go in and call a consultant to teach me to turn it on. is there any way i cn do this remotely via audix?

nhdjoseywales

Do you have an attendant console, or some main phone which someone press a hunt-ns button, or trunk-ns button on?
Sometimes the above is programmed (on pbx side) to allow your incoming calls to be redirected to an automated attendant in Audix.

When callers dial into your company do they hear an automated attendant, "thankd for call XYX", Press 1 for Sales, Press 2 for Customer Service or Dial the extension of the person you wish to reach." This might be served by an Autoattendant in Audix. If so, we can put a holiday schedule on it so it plays an alternative greeting.

There are alot of possibilities.

Contact me @ theavayaguy At gmail.com

Or post in here and we will help you get through it.

"You don't stop playing because you get old. You get old because you stopped playing."

For the best response to a question, read FAQ222-2244.

we have an autoattendant set up, but apparently when the phone operators left they didnt push the night buttons on their consoles and unplugged their headset adapters which i guess powers off the consoles. i had to replug the adapters then set the night buttons. thanks guys, i had no clue how the system worked

Glad you got it going. Have a good Christmas all.

"You don't stop playing because you get old. You get old because you stopped playing."

For the best response to a question, read FAQ222-2244.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back