Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Turn off warning messages in access runtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eprice

Technical User
May 6, 2003
US
I have an access database that is ran as a runtime for other users. I know that DoCmd.SetWarnings False works for me but the person using the runtime version still gets the messages. Is there a way to turn them off for someone who doesn't actually have Access installed on their computer? On my computer I have the Tools, Options confirm action queries turned off also, but they don't have access so I don't know what to do for them. Thanks, Lisa

Have you tried running DoCmd.SetWarnings False either on the startup form's on open event or running a procedure from the autoexec macro that does the same?

To test, make your options the defualt.

Do you mean to turn the warnings off as soon as the main form opens and leave them off entirely? How would that make a difference then doing it by procedure, but hey if it works I'll try it. And what do you mean by make my options the default?
Lisa

On my computer I have the Tools, Options confirm action queries turned off also

I believe On is the default. That is what I mean by using the default.

What I suggested would be turning off the warnings for everything becasue I thought that is what you wanted with the above option.

It should work fine in and individual procedure even in runtime...

My guess is you have a timing issue in your code.

If you change the option and test, you should see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back