Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Turn Off Speech Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougHomeOffice

Programmer
Oct 31, 2001
US
Every 2002 Office Program asks me to train for speech recognition when I open it. MS Word, ourlook excel etc. I have to cancel it every time. How do I turn it off

a little frustrated,

-Doug

Yea I had this one buggin me too!

I got rid of it by going to control panel > Add or Remove Programs > Microsoft Office XP (Professional in my case) >
Change (button) > Add or Remove Features ... > Next > Office Shared Features (expand tree branch with +) > Alternate User Input > Drop down arrow > select [red]X[/color] Not available > Update

This will remove both Speech And Handwriting recognition. If you want to keep Handwriting if installed expand the Alternate User Input Branch and just choose not available for Speech.

This uninstalls Speech recognition in the basic Office programs but if you have Frontpage or Publisher installed You need to do this for each of them individually. If it keeps coming up in other pgms go to the individual programs in the uninstall list.

Hope this helps.

The two rules for success are:
1. Never tell them everything you know.

What you could do is when u open yr word document you could just go to Tool->speech and uncheck the option.it helped me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back